WHO WE ARE
STUDIO POP makes green spaces in cities. We design, play and make ecological structures, community gardens and DIY workshops. STUDIO POP offers an innovative ecological experience by regenerating urban gaps through live clinic, craft-remaking and pop-up design.
Our social business is aligned with the socio-economic sectors prioritised by the Scotland’s Economic Strategy that connects Creative Industries (eco-design), Environment (waste reuse) and ITC (social technologies). We work in Glasgow, Scotland, Europe and worldwide throughout an amazing network of ambassadors.
WASTE2DESIGN4SOCIETY: We are first Scottish social enterprise that connects waste to design for society. Our experiments utilise research by design by testing/piloting real life projects. As learning methods, we implement a kinaesthetic pedagogic model called THINK2PLAY4MAKE (TPM).
Currently we work in deprived areas with fragile communities in Maryhill, a post-industrial area with a profound historical heritage in risk. Temporariness, portability and sensory are essential components for the transformation of vacant lands. DOT TO DOT is our social innovation -civic network and digital community-, which aims to improve the perception of citizens through sensory experiences in reactivated gap sites. It enables creative people to connect gaps, design and local communities through real societal challenges.
1. Ecological design (urban resilience, service design + waste remaking)
2. Community engagement and service design
3. Education, coaching and training
4. Knowledge exchange and cooperation
5. Co-designing, DIY and self-build solutions
6. Testing and piloting live projects
7. Research on community-led self-build and remaking techniques, eco-design, adaptive urbanism, agile landscape and public artistry
8. Bespoke consultancy in co-creation, circular economy, citizen science and urban reactivation