a. Bridge the gap between preliminary ideas vs. a viable proposal to achieve community goals through taking democratic actions in Maryhill site
b. Produce site analysis and feasibility reports to allow a detailed proposal to take shape
c. Support the establishment of garden and self-build teams to co-ordinate and enable activities to occur; or another form of intervention.
d. Implement workshops on self-build and plastic remaking for students, low-wage and low-skilled workers.
e. Make reports and manual on impact measurement and evaluation
f. Manage and mentor student volunteers
Start time: 01 October 2017
C. 2 ERASMUS+ graduate trainees and young entrepreneurs (6-month duration; full time)
The selected trainees will contribute to sustainability design projects, build communities, become social entrepreneurs, take part in self build, DIY and horticulture projects and
bio-dynamic farming, support transition movements and much more at DOT TO DOT Maryhill Station.
This internship experience will:
- Increase the awareness of environmental and social challenges in eco-design through learning reflection processes
- Collaborate lead team in co-design, prototype and monitor remake structures and sensory landscapes at DOT TO DOT Maryhill Station
- Design self-build solutions using waste as structural building material. It includes test/pilot them in situ
- Involve in the design development of MVPs made of reused materials in coordination with design leads
- Assist team with community activities and events in the portable clinic and join studio/community meetings regularly
- Improve language competences (technical/building English)
Studio Pop directors and tutors will monitor their development of autonomy + ecological, building and sensory skills through review/preview meetings, tutorials, charrettes events, design portfolio and other learner-centred and interactions based activities, allowing a suitable balance between learner-tutor, learner-learner and learner-content interactions, face-to face (University-based and outside) and online. This traineeship is focused on promoting autonomy and active learning. Students will learn from a flexible work environment, including live projects, digital and remote work. Face-to-face is facilitated in a practical and collaborative manner, clearly linked to our experimental activity as creative social enterprise.
Start time: From January 2018
Email you CV and portfolio to email@example.com